Straightforward Advice, A Partnership in Success
For those facing a divorce, domestic violence or a family law Hearing, serious and difficult issues are involved. There is no shortage of advice to be offered by friends and family. However, their well-meant guidance is almost always incorrect.
Committed Family Law Advocacy
According to many experts, a divorce is an extremely stressful time in someone's life, second only to the death of a loved one. From your initial consultation to final resolution, we offer insights and considerations, based upon decades of family law practice.
Below are some philosophical principles governing our family law practice:
- Before you get an attorney, we highly recommend you seek joint family counseling. In many situations, counseling can resolve many difficulties between spouses.
- We thoroughly review each case with the goal of attempting to resolve important issues—child custody, child support, alimony, and more—as promptly as possible. Through good faith and open minds most situations can be resolved amicably and inexpensively.
- If your case is not promptly settled out of the family courts, we engage in a sensible course of litigation tailored to the particular facts and circumstances of your case. With our help, you will make all decisions regarding settlement offers or trial positions in your case.
- We keep you informed on the status of your family law case at all times, providing you with copies of letters, pleadings and other documents. We also return all calls as promptly as possible.
- Most importantly, we will make every attempt to obtain the best possible result for you, our client.
Divorce can be as stressful and complex as the lives being separated. Because no two are the same, assistance by a experienced family law attorney can help ease your burden.
Kim M. McGwier believes that when you hire her, you enter into a committed partnership founded on open and honest discussions about the reality of resolving your legal problems.
Contact us to learn more about how you can best pursue your goals and protect your rights.